Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 4 - A habit that you wish you didn't have

I don't know if this really counts as a habit, but it is definitely something I wish I didn't do. It turns out that it's nearly impossible for me to really stress out about just one thing. That doesn't mean that I don't get stressed out over little things, it means that when I start feeling stressed out, I'm stressed about EVERYTHING whether it matters right now or not. One small example might be a big pile of dishes in the sink. Dishes are really not that bad, but when I see them, I think about how what really needs to be cleaned is the entire apartment. Sometimes I even go as far as to worry about what a pain it's going to be to have to really clean this place when we move out. And the dishes get bigger and bigger and bigger until I just sigh and leave the kitchen, because I can't deal with that right now. You can imagine what happens to me sometimes when the stress actually does matter. There are days I'm sure when my husband has no idea what just happened. Luckily the dish problem can be solved with a little music, louder than usual. What real stress needs is focus, which is exactly what I lose first when I get stressed out. If I could keep my focus, I might have a better chance against a lot of things that really should not be causing a breakdown.

1 comment:

Hit Counter