Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 17 - Someone you would like to switch lives with, just for one day.

That depends... do I get to pick which day? Honestly there are some days I feel like I'd switch lives with anyone, but mostly I'm pretty content and I can usually think of a reason why I definitely don't want to switch lives with most people.

But if I knew it was a good/exciting day... It might be fun to go back in time and switch with my great grandmother, Ruth. I LOVE reading her autobiography. She got to do and see so many things in this world. She had a front row seat to history and also the growth of the Church in the Washington DC area for nearly 70 years. She met all kinds of famous/important people. One day that I would particularly like to see for myself is the day she had the president of Mexico over for a barbecue in her back yard. She and my grandpa Jay had met him when Jay was inspecting the railroads in Mexico incase the US needed to use them for any reason during WWII. The powers that be found out about it and told her she couldn't do that, it was against protocol, etc. Whoever it was finally relented when she promised to have it catered. She got her neighbors to dress up in chefs clothes to serve the food. lol. And the president of Mexico said it was his favorite part of his visit to DC. But I don't know that I'd actually want to switch lives with her for that day... I'd just want to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counter