Never forget your login names. It's ok to forget your password. In this case it was easy for forget, since I didn't make it up, and I never thought I would use it again. But mostly because it was just a jumble of random letters and numbers. I found one that I was sure would be it, but it didn't work. Probably because I forgot it once before and had to change it.
I never thought when I applied to be a postal employee that I would have to apply again. I figured that either I would be working there long enough that I could just transfer if I ever needed to, or that I would have to quit anyway when I got too pregnant to do the job. I had no idea when I started this job last July that I wouldn't be living in St. George anymore this July. Yesterday when I was faithfully doing my daily check to see if there were any postal positions within 20 miles of Provo, I was happy to see that there was an opening for the exact same job I have now IN Provo. Like, 5 blocks from my new apartment. And I thought, "this is great! I don't even have to fill out the application again because it's already in the system!" Yeah. Fail. I couldn't figure out what my login name was, so I tried registering again. "This email address is already registered." So I tried to have them send me a password... "No one is registered with this username or email." So which is it? In order to apply, I had to create a whole new email address. Then I had to fill out the entire application again, including all my jobs and periods of unemployment for the last 7 years, complete with addresses, phone numbers, and supervisor names. Which takes forever because college students move a lot. And not only that, but I have to take all the tests over again. Which is especially lame, because there is a different username and password for the assessments, and I know that one. I can actually see the scores I got before. But I can't apply them to this application. AND there is no longer a testing center open within 75 miles of St. George. Luckily I'm going to Vegas on Monday anyway, so I'll have to do it then. I'm starting to wonder if all this is worth it.
So yeah... NEVER forget your login name. Especially if you are certain you'll never need it again.
Baby Joseph
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment