Monday, August 9, 2010

The "List" for mail carriers

When I lived in Bountiful Court, my room mates and I spent a lot of time with our friends in apartment 33. Those boys had a list on their wall of things that were either labeled "on notice" or "dead to us". The list changed daily, and it was pretty funny to see what they came up with. Saturday I was having a hard day at work. I was so tired, and I felt really slow, and I kept having to turn around because I missed something... it was annoying. Before I even left the office, I started making a list like the one in apartment 33. Yes, I was counting all the things that annoyed me, but it was making me laugh to. I counted so many throughout the day that there's no way I can remember them all, but here are a few.

People who only get one piece of mail: On Notice
People whose guests park in front of the mail box: On Notice
People who never move their car from in front of the mailbox: Dead to me
Little postcards from the realtor to entire streets: Dead to me
My mail truck: On notice - It squeaks when I brake, when I press the gas, and sometimes for no reason.
People who are not home when I have a package for them: On notice
People who ask me to redeliver a package, and are not home again: Dead to me
Redplumb anvertisements: On notice
Packages addressed to empty houses: Dead to me
Biker parties when I have to deliver to the Harley store: On Notice
People who wait at the mailbox to tell me how late I am: On Notice
Slick Rock road: On Notice
My scanner: On notice - but only on cloudy days
Clouds: On notice - good for weather, bad for scanner
Big, loud dogs: on notice
Getting lost: dead to me
Packages in general: On notice
The Monday mail load: On Notice

I'm working tomorrow, so maybe there will be a few more additions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counter