
This collage pretty much sums up our Valentine's Day. Heart shaped strawberry nutella stuffed french toast for breakfast, heart shaped cinnamon rolls, strawbery filled cupcakes topped with chocolate strawberries and a heart shaped crochet tag to the girls I visit teach, candle light dinner at the kitchen table, an AWESOME new shower head, a stuffed puppy named Charlie, and one happy Aldridge family.
I have always loved Valentine's Day. Maybe it was the candy, the elementary school valentines mail boxes, the colors, or the overall bright spot in the middle of the coldest season. I don't know. I never had a proper "Valentine" until I was married, but I always made the most of the holiday with my family and friends. Even the one year when I was completely alone because all my room mates were on dates - I remember I had miserably failed an astronomy test and I came home to an empty apartment, where I found a rose on my bed with an anonymous Valentine's note. It was probably from my visiting teacher. I liked to pretend at the time it could have been from my home teacher. But obviously he didn't know which room was mine. It could have been from anyone though, since we never ever locked our door in that apartment. I think not knowing made it all the more sweet and memorable.
Now that I have my own little family to share Valentine's Day with, I love it even more. I don't usually go this overboard on the craftiness all in one week, and I probably won't always. But it was fun. I love sharing goodies with other people.
Just remembered... there are leftover chocolate strawberries in the fridge that need to be eaten. Snack time!

No comments:
Post a Comment