Thursday, January 3, 2013

Here's to a better blogged 2013

I'll admit I didn't do so well with the blogging in 2012. You would think with bazillions of baby pictures I wouldn't be able to help myself. But instead Stephen takes all the baby pictures and I never see them again. It's possible that could change, since we are now the proud owners of a macbook pro. Apparently that will make it easier for a certain Papa to share pictures with this Mama. So instead of trying to catch up, I'm just going to look forward and hope for the best. 

Those of you who've been on facebook in the last few days will know that the end of 2012 held a certain HUGE surprise that I'm not sure I was ready to handle at the time. I still won't admit to being ready, but I am excited to announce that the Aldridges are expecting another addition to our family in mid-June of this year. Our sweet Hannah is going to be a big sister much sooner than expected, but I'm sure she'll be a wonderful big sister anyway. I've been joking that the two of them probably flipped a coin to see who got to come first. I've already noticed that this pregnancy has been different from the last, but then the circumstances are different too. It may be that I just noticed the first trimester more this time since I didn't have a full time job to distract me. I still never got "sick", but I did feel "almost sick" pretty much all the time. Unless I was hungry, in which case I felt like I hadn't eaten in days. I don't think I was any more tired that last time, but knowing Hannah is depending on me all the time made me feel more tired. It was a rough couple of months. But the last few weeks have put the first trimester behind me, and I'm feeling amazingly better. Except that yesterday I went to the doctor with a sore throat, expecting either a positive strep test or a "you'll be fine, just deal with it" kind of diagnosis. Instead I tested positive for Influenza A. Mostly that's just depressing because I still only feel a sore throat. It's hard to remember that apparently I have the flu and I need to be really careful not to give it away when I honestly don't feel that bad. 

There is much more I could write about now, but one of my goals is to write shorter posts more often. So I'll just leave you with this adorable video of Hannah's favorite Christmas present. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counter