Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Full term baby!

Well, I've made it past 37 weeks, which means Hannah has the doctor's ok to come whenever she wants. I can't imagine that makes much difference to her. She seems pretty happy to stay inside as long as we'll let her. I expected to be super impatient for her to come at this point, but I'm not. I've rather enjoyed being pregnant and I might as well keep enjoying it because who knows how I'll ever feel again at this point in a pregnancy. Besides, I didn't get to even see my doctor last week since he was in delivery during my appointment (again) and I won't see him this week because he's out of town.

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm getting nervous. I'm not. I keep thinking maybe I should be, but I'm not. I'm extremely calm, and just excited. I'm not sure if it's really hit me yet that in 3 or 4 weeks I'll have my very own baby to hold. I've held lots of babies, but I always have to give them back. This time I'm the one who gets her back :)

One thing that does make it hard to wait is that work has been so slow lately. I'm lucky to get in 30 hours a week, and that's really stretching my time. I wish that we were busy, both so that the days would go faster, and so that I'd actually work and get paid for a full week. I'm scheduled to work up to April 6, but I may come in on the 9th and 10th too since I have no reason not to. Mom gets here the 11th, and I'm sure I'll just want to hang out with her when she comes. Even though she might have to sit around and wait 10 days before there's actually a baby in our lives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counter