I think my trip to Maryland is pretty well summed up in these pictures. I had a wonderful time with my family and friends. Here are some of the highlights.
*Amelia's wedding! After I picked up Sarah June at the airport, we drove to Tyson's Corner, VA to have dessert with Amelia and two of her sisters at TGIFriday's. That was great fun, and I'm so glad we were able to party before the big day! Friday morning we drove to the DC temple with my parents to attend the wedding, and we found Liz and Jess there :) The wedding was lovely, and the reception was lots of fun!
*Saturday was beach day #1, with my high school Amelia friend. We met Nicole at Bethany Beach, and spent the day with her family. I got horribly sunburned on one leg (thanks for doing my sunscreen Miel...) but it was worth it for the fun day.
*Wednesday night I got to make rolo cookies with Emily! We had such fun catching up. It was great to have a Nauvoo reunion on my side of the country for a change! And the cookies were awesome, as always.
*Friday night Rebecca was supposed to get home... but it didn't work out quite that way. Her flight got cancelled, and she didn't get home until 10am Saturday, at Dulles Airport instead of BWI. Saturday night we had a welcome home party for her, complete with rootbeer floats.
*Monday the whole family went to the beach for the day, and we even found Aunt Alice there. We also had an adventure taking turns in the outdoor shower while it was pouring rain after we left the shore. Then we went to Grottos for dinner.
*Tuesday we drove to Luray Caverns. It was awesome. I took lots of pictures, and some of them turned out alright, but my camera doesn't stand a chance at doing it justice. We also saw an old car museum, and got lost in a hedge maze.
*Wednesday we went to the National Aquarium. We saw the jellyfish exhibit, and I learned that all these years I've been freaked out by jellyfish that probably don't even hurt if they did sting me. The kind I've seen at Bethany beach are Moon Jellies, and they are pretty much harmless. The one's I've seen while jetskiing on the bayside are a different story, as dad and Liz learned last year.
Those are the highlights! It was a good long vacation, and I'm glad to be home. I'll see my family in about 6 weeks when they get here with Rebecca, and again at Christmas - and this time Stephen will be with me! Hoorah!

No comments:
Post a Comment