The whole ward keeps asking us if serving in Nursery has been natural birth control for us. We think that's really silly. No Way! Nursery is awesome! Of course there are cranky kids and spills and falls and really short attention spans, but it really is the best class around. Today we saw Hunter, who we don't see that often. And I'm pretty sure he's grown like a foot in the last couple months. Holy cow, that is one tall 3 year old. Anyway, he and Ava really hit it off, and they were having a great time playing kitchen together after Hunter gave up his "Danger place" built of legos. It was pretty elaborate. Hunter cooked a lizard in the oven, but every time Ava asked what he wanted to order, he only wanted chicken nuggets. When I asked for a cookie, or ice cream, Ava said it was all gone. Eventually, Ava heard me say his name, which she had not known, and she got really excited and started telling us about the other Hunter she knew, who was her neighbor. Except she kept calling him "the bad Hunter". Haha. She also got really excited when I told her a secret, that we were having popcorn for a snack. It was cute how long she tried to whisper about it.
Jacob, our usual happy one, was not too happy today. I think he was having tooth problems. He got pretty mad when he was tired of doing one thing, but we weren't sure what he wanted to do next. At one point I had to put the bubbles away because everyone was screaming really loud in excitement, and I told them they could only use inside voices with bubbles. Jacob really wanted to play with bubbles, so I told him he would have to ask his friends not to scream. He did, and it was pretty cute. What else is cute is the way he says Aldridge, perfectly, but almost not sure if that's a real word or not.
I love these kids, and I'm so thankful I've gotten to spend this year with them. I have gotten kind of attached, and I'll be sad when the older ones leave for sunbeams. What a quiet class we'll have again!
Being in nursery was only second to being a Sunbeam teacher to the kids who moved up the year after we were nursery workers. Best callings in the church.
ReplyDeleteI was just going to say that I'm pretty sure nursery is the best calling in the church, but glanced up and saw that Alisha already said that. Enjoy your time in nursery :)You are so lucky!
ReplyDelete