Can I just tell you that I love it here? St. George has been perfect for us. We love our ward. We love our little apartment. We love our neighbors. We love the weather. There is a Golden Spoon that I could probably walk to if I were feeling ambitious. We can walk to the temple. Actually, we could pretty much get anywhere by walking. Which is good during the day because until those papers the car insurance agency faxed us return to them by mail, I'm not driving. My jeep is getting lonely. But it will only be a couple days now.
Anyway, I wanted to share some pictures that I took yesterday of our first home. It feels more and more like that every day as we get more things to fill it up.

This is our living room. It looks more like a real living room since a couple weeks ago when our neighbors asked us if we'd like their old couches. They were getting new ones, so they just had the movers bring the old ones next door to us! It worked out great. They are not the softest couches in the world, but they are perfect for us. They even go with the blue rug. AND they were FREE! We like free stuff. The coffee table is from DI. We usually sit on it when we are channel surfing because we don't have a remote control. The bookshelf needs a twin. It's full, and those are just my books.

This is our tv and entertainment center. The tv was $5 and the entertainment center was more of our favorite word... FREE! It was given to us by the same people who gave us our bed. And one of our favorite DI finds sits to the right of the tv... a dvd rack for $4. Just what we needed for Stephen's ridiculous amounts of movies, and my half of the top shelf :)

Another great DI find is our beautiful rocking chair. It needs a little super glue, but it's awesome. And the blanket draped over it? Yeah, I made that.

This is our kitchen. Thanks to lots of wedding presents, including copious amounts of target money, our kitchen is probably the most well equipped room in the apartment. I wouldn't have it any other way.

This is my favorite part of the kitchen. It was waiting for me when I arrived in St. George. And I use it nearly every day.

This is my stoneware set. I like green. A lot. Sometimes it's hard for me to branch out. So at least there is some variety in this set. And I just really like it.

Again, I really like green. But I also really like this bed. It's easy to appreciate after 3 months on an air mattress. Now for the story... Stephen went to the Dressbarn by himself to buy me a dress for Christmas. Pretty impressive right? Well he met this lady who had just moved, and had a desk that she wanted to get rid of, and Stephen was happy to take it off her hands. A couple weeks later we drove to the lady's friends house to pick up the desk, and they asked us if there was anything else we were especially looking for. Stephen said that we would pretty much kill for a bed, mostly expecting that they would laugh and feel bad for us, and we'd be on our way. Instead, they said, "Oh, well we've got one for you!" The bed was in Vegas, so we had to wait a while for it. Two months, in fact. We were afraid they had completely forgotten us. But the first week in february we got a call that they had the bed for us, and we could come get it whenever we wanted. Our bishop let us borrow his truck, and we brought it home! Then, we went back because they also had for us an entertainment center, and a bedside table. Stephen really knows how to meet the right random strangers.

This is our back yard. It's not much, but there is lots of room for improvement. I should plant something. Really soon.

And this.... this is where I'm sitting right now. Stephen's office where the internet is hooked up. So we spend lots of time in here. But you can tell that Stephen is in charge of this room. Really though, if I hadn't intervened, you still wouldn't be able to walk in here, let alone fit a couch and two computer desks. That couch was out in the living room for the first 3+ months. It was pretty much the only item of furniture in the whole apartment when I arrived. There has been much improvement since then :)
So that's the grand tour. It's not much, but it's all we need and sometimes more. I figure we'll be here for a while. There is a little room to grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment